In England and Wales, ADHD has its own clinical guidelines (recommendations based upon best available evidence for the care & treatment of people with ADHD within the NHS) which were developed and provided by the National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE) in September 2008. Our guidelines are called CG72 or Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: Diagnosis and management of ADHD in children, young people and adults.
In addition to the guidelines NICE has also published quality standards for ADHD (QS39). Quality standards are a “concise set of prioritised statements designed to drive measurable quality improvements” within the field of care for people with ADHD. Here are the Quality Standards for ADHD–QS39.
NICE has also helpfully published a commissioning guide to support implementation of adult ADHD services by local authorities. Unfortunately, many local authorities don’t seem to have read this guide, but as NICE points out commissioners and providers have a responsibility to implement this guidance in light of their duties to avoid unlawful discrimination and to have regard to promoting equality of opportunity (you’ll find more information about the Equality Act 2010 below).
And now here are links to free downloadable copies of the guidelines & Quality Standards:
1. CG72 ADHD Patient Version
2. CG72 ADHD Recommendations for Health Professionals
3. CG72 ADHD Full Version (664 pages)
4. Service for the diagnosis and management of ADHD in adults: commissioning guide
1. The interface between NHS and private treatment: a practical guide for doctors in England, Wales and Northern Ireland – Guidance from the BMA Medical Ethics Department, May 2009
A shared care agreement sets out the way in which responsibilities for prescribing medications such as those used for the treatment of ADHD can be shared between the specialist and the GP. GP’s are not obliged to enter into a shared care agreement with a specialist, and if your GP does not want to do this, then the full clinical responsibility for your treatment remains with the specialist.
NHS Cumbria This agreement is due to be reviewed in August 2013.
1. NHS North Lancashire This agreement is due to be reviewed in August 2013.
2. Mersey Care NHS Trust, This agreement is due to be reviewed in November 2014.
London (including Greater London)
1. Brighton and Hove Clinical Commissioning Group in a document titled “Managing the boundaries of NHS and privately funded healthcare,” dated May 2012, have written the following: “Requests to prescribe drugs for ADHD: If the patient is having their treatment managed by a private consultant then the patient should not be prescribed drugs by their GP through NHS. There is a local NHS process for the assessment and management of patients with ADHD, and prescribing of treatments by GPs should follow the agreed Shared Care Protocol. If the patient wishes to receive NHS treatment for ADHD, they should be referred through the established NHS care pathway.”
Worcestershire Area Prescribing Committee, this agreement is due to be reviewed in June 2013
1. Sheffield Area Prescribing Committee, this agreement was due to be reviewed in February 2013
2. South West Yorkshire Area Prescribing Committee: Methylphenidate, this agreement is due to be reviewed in September 2014
1. NHS Lothian: Atomoxetine for ADHD in Adults, due to be reviewed in May 2014
2. NHS Lothian: Dexamfetamine for ADHD in Adults, due to be reviewed in May 2014
3. NHS Lothian: Methylphenidate for ADHD in Adults, due to be reviewed in May 2014
As a result of the new Health and Social Care Act 2012, Clinical Commissioning Groups (clusters of local GP practices) now have the responsibility for deciding how, and from whom, they will buy NHS services for the patients registered with their practices (e.g. ADHD assessments & treatment). We have, therefore, listed below, those clinical commissioning groups that are authorised to commission NHS services. We have included descriptions of CCG’s aims/ intentions/promises to commission ADHD services where we have been able to find them. So if you live within the areas covered by the CCG’s that have descriptions but you still encounter difficulties in getting a referral for help with ADHD, use these documents to remind your GP of the promises being made by that GP’s CCG.
1. NHS Bracknell and Ascot CCG, King Edward VII Hospital, St Leonards Road, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 3DP
The following GP practices are members of this CCG: Green Meadows, Ascot; Kings Corner, Sunninghill; Magnolia House, Sunningdale; Balfron & Forest End, Bracknell; Binfield; Boundary House, Bracknell; Crown Wood, Bracknell; Easthampstead, Bracknell; Evergreen, Bracknell; Gainsborough, Warfield; Great Hollands, Bracknell; Heath Hill, Crowthorne; Ringmead, Bracknell; Sandhurst; Waterfield, Warfield.
2. NHS Newbury and District CCG, 57-59 Bath Road, Reading RG30 2BA, Tel: 0118 9503094
The following GP practices are members of this CCG: Burdwood, Thatcham, Chapel Row/Buckleberry, Hungerford, Downland, Kintbury, Northcroft, St Mary’s, Eastfield, Falkland, Lambourn.
3. NHS North and West Reading CCG, 57 – 59 Bath Road, Reading, RG30 2BA, Tel: 0118 9503094
The following GP practices are members of this CCG: Balmore Park, Emmer Green, Peppard Road, Priory Avenue, Circuit Lane, Western Elms, Tilehurst Surgery, Mortimer, Theale, Pangbourne.
4. NHS Slough Clinical Commissioning Group, KEVII Hospital, St Leonards Road, Windsor, SL4 3DP, Phone: 01753 636046
The following GP practices are members of this CCG: 40 Ragstone Road & 425 Trelawney Ave; 240 Wexham Road; 242 Wexham Road; The Avenue Medical Centre; Bharani Health Centre; Slough Walk-in Health Centre; Crosby House Surgery; Farnham Road Surgery and Weeks Drive Surgery, Cippenham; Cippenham Surgery; Herschel Medical Centre; Kumar Medical Centre; Langley Health Centre; Manor Park Medical Centre; The Orchard Practice; Shreeji Medical Centre; Upton Medical Partnership linked with Village Medical Centre, Cippenham.
5. NHS South Reading Clinical Commissioning Group, University Medical Practice, 9 Northcourt Avenue, Reading RG2 7HE, Tel: 0118 921 3827
The following GP practices are members of this CCG: Abbey Medical/41 Russell Street, Chancellor House, Chatham Street, Eldon Road, Grovelands, Kennet, London Road, London Street, Longbarn Lane, Melrose-Dr Dean, Melrose-FAB Williams, Milman Road-Kumar, Milman Road- Lister, Pembroke, Reading Walk-in Centre, 79 Russell Street, South Reading and Shinfield, Tilehurst Village, University Practice, Westwood Road, Whitley Villa.
6. NHS Windsor, Ascot and Maidenhead Clinical Commissioning Group, King Edward VII Hospital, St Leonards Road, Windsor SL4 3DP
The following GP practices are members of this CCG: Cedars Surgery, Maidenhead; Claremont Surgery, Maidenhead; Cookham Medical Centre, Cordwallis Road Surgery, Maidenhead; First Care Practice, Maidenhead; Holyport Surgery; Linden Medical Centre, Maidenhead; Redwood House Surgery, Maidenhead; Rosemead Surgery, Maidenhead; Symons Medical Centre, Maidenhead; Taplow Health Centre; Woodlands Park Surgery, Maidenhead; Clarence Medical Centre, Windsor; Datchet Health Centre; Lee House Surgery, Windsor; Runnymede Medical Practice, Englefield Green; Sheet Street Surgery, Windsor; South Meadow Surgery, Eton; Ascot Medical Centre; Radnor House Surgery, Ascot.
7. NHS Wokingham Clinical Commissioning Group, Chalfont Surgery, Chalfont Close, Lower Earley, Reading RG6 5HZ, Tel: 0118 929 9469, extn 3487
The following GP practices are members of this CCG: Brookside, Burma Hills, Cedar House, Finchampstead, Loddon Vale, New Wokingham Road, Parkside, Swallowfield, Tudor House/Rectory Road, Twyford, Wargrave, Wilderness Road, Woodley Centre Surgery, Woosehill.
1. NHS Birmingham South Central Clinical Commissioning Group, Ground floor, Bartholomew House, 142 Hagley Road, Birmingham B16 9PA, Tel. 0121 255 0795 or 255 0699
GP Practices in this CCG: Dr Hafeez, Ash Tree Medical Centre, Balsall Heath Health Centre (Dr AK Sinha), Balsall Heath Health Centre (Dr Walji), Bath Row Medical Centre, Bellevue Medical Centre, Birmingham Heartlands Surgery, Bournbrook & Varsity Medical Centre, Bournville Surgery, Dr A Zafar, Charles Road Surgery, Cofton Medical Centre, Druids Heath Surgery, Fernley Medical Centre, Firstcare Health Centre, Frankley Health Centre, Granton Medical Centre, Harborne Medical Practice, Hawkesley Medical Practice, Highgate Medical Centre, Karis Medical Centre, Khattak Memorial Surgery, Kings Norton Surgery, Kingsfield Medical Centre, Moor Green Lane Medical Centre, Northwood Medical Practice, Oakwood Surgery (Dr S Gill), River Brook Medical Practice, Selly Oak Health Centre, Selly Park Surgery, South Maypole Surgery, Sparkbrook Community and Family Health Centre (Dr G Abdel-Malek), Springfield Medical Practice (Dr V Rajput), Springfield Surgery (Dr A Melchior), Strensham Road Surgery (Dr El-Sheikh), Sparkbrook Community and Family Health Centre (The Balaji Surgery), The Hill General Practice and Urgent Care Centre, The Limes Medical Centre, The Wand Medical Practice, Vicarage Road Surgery, Warwick Road Medical Practice (Dr M Agarwal), Weatheroak Medical Practice (Dr N Cheema), West Heath Primary Care Centre , West Heath Road Surgery, Weoley Park Surgery , Woodland Road Surgery, Wychall Lane Surgery.
2. NHS Birmingham Cross City Clinical Commissioning Group, Bartholomew House, 142 Hagley Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham B16 9PA, Phone: 0121 255 0700
GP Practices in this CCG: Bordesley, Small Heath, South Yardley & Acocks Green (BSA); Acocks Green Medical Centre, Heathford Group Practice, Dr Ahmad & Partners, Hob Moor Road Surgery, Omnia Practice, Small Heath Medical Practice, Swan Medical Centre, The Sheldon Practice, The Surgery, Victoria Road Surgery, Yardley Green Medical Centre, Hamd Medical Practice, Washwood Heath Health and Wellbeing Centre. East Birmingham. Bucklands End Lane Surgery, Dr Khan, Mirfield Surgery, Dr Sahay, Mirfield Surgery, Dr Saikia-Varman, Church Lane Medical Centre, Dr Khan & Dr Iszatt, Church Lane Medical Centre, Firs Surgery, Garrets Green Lane Surgery, Iridium Medical Practice, Lea Village Medical Centre, Yardley Medical Centre. Edgbaston; Ann Jones Family Health Centre, Cape Hill Medical Centre, City Road Medical Centre, The Dovecote Surgery, Lordswood House Medical Practice, Quinborne Medical Practice, Quinton Family Practice, Sherwood House Medical Practice, The Sparkhill Surgery, University Medical Practice. Hall Green; Baldwins Lane Surgery, Bordesley Green Surgery, Dr Aneja, Maypole Health Centre, MMP SOUTH EAST, Goodrest Croft Surgery, Greenridge Primary Care Centre, Hall Green Health, MMP BIRMINGHAM SOUTH, Broadmeadow Health Centre, Old Priory Surgery, Poplar Primary Care Centre, Swanswell Medical Centre, Wake Green Surgery, Yardley Wood Health Centre. Kingstanding & Oscott; Apollo Surgery, Aylesbury Surgery, College Road Surgery, Cotmore Surgery, Perry Park and Kingsdale Surgery, Kingstanding Circle Surgery, Kingstanding Community Practice, Kingstanding Surgery, Streetly Surgery, The Dove Medical Practice, The Oaks Medical Centre, Hillcrest Surgery. North East; Dr Nazki Surgery, Kingsbury Road Surgery, MMP BIRMINGHAM NORTH, Erdington Medical Centre, 26 High Street Surgery, Jockey Road Medical Centre, Kingsmount Medical Centre, MMP BIRMINGHAM – SUTTON COLDFIELD, Pearl Medical Centre, Reservoir Road Surgery, St Clements Surgery, The Park Medical Centre, Vesey Practice, Shah Zaman Surgery. Northfield; Bartley Green Medical Practice, Dr Ali & Partners, Northfield Health Centre, Dr Tudor & Partners, Northfield Health Centre, Jiggins Lane Surgery, Leach Heath Medical Centre, Ley Hill Surgery, Millennium Medical Centre, Ridgacre House Surgery, Shenley Green Surgery, Nechells Practice, Woodgate Valley Health Centre. South Birmingham; Bunbury Road Surgery, Cranes Park Road Surgery, Dr Yap, Maypole Health Centre, Featherstone Medical Centre, Grange Hill Surgery, Griffins Brook Medical Centre, Hollymoor Medical Centre, Keynell Covert Surgery, Moseley Medical Centre, University Southgate Practice. Washwood Heath; Amaanah Medical Centre, Dr Alvi, Pak Health Centre, Dr Bajpai, Saltley Centre for Healthcare, Dr Shanker-Narayan, Saltley Centre for Healthcare, Ward End Medical Centre, Fernbank Medical Centre, Naseby Medical Centre, Oakleaf Medical Practice. Sutton Coldfield, Castle Vale & Shard End; The Harlequin Surgery, Schoolacre Surgery, Venkat Medical Centre, Downsfield Medical Centre, Hodge Hill Family Practice, Eden Court Medical Practice, Falcon Medical Centre, Ashfield Surgery, The Hawthorns Surgery, Tudor Practice at Ashfurlong Medical Centre, Tudor Practice at Stockland Green Health Centre, The Manor Practice, Ley Hill Surgery, Sutton Park Surgery, Four Oaks Medical Centre, Sutton Road Surgery. Additional Allocated Practices; The Gate Practice, The Khyber Surgery, PAK Health Centre, Dr McQuillan Practice, Cotterills Lane Surgery, Alum Rock Medical Centre, Rowlands Road Surgery, Erdington Walk in Centre.
1. NHS Bristol Clinical Commissioning Group: South Plaza, Marlborough Street, Bristol BS1 3NX, Telephone: 0117 976 6600
The following GP practices are members of this CCG: 233 Wells Road, Air Balloon Surgery, Armada Family Practice, Avonmouth Medical Centre, Bedminster Family Practice, Beechwood Medical Practice, Birchwood Medical Practice, Bradgate Surgery, Broadmead Medical Centre, Clifton Village Practice, Compass Health, Crest Family Practice, Easton Family Practice, Eastville Medical Practice, Fallodon Way Medical Centre, Family Practice, Fishponds Family Practice, Gaywood House Surgery, Gloucester Road Medical Centre, Grange Road Surgery, Green Practice, Greenway Community Practice, Hartwood Healthcare, Helios Medical Centre, Hillview Family Practice, Horfield Health Centre, Hotwells Surgery, Lawrence Hill Health Centre, Lennard Surgery, Lodgeside Surgery, Malago Surgery, Maytrees Practice, Merrywood Practice, Monks Park Surgery, Montpelier Health Centre, Nevil Road Surgery, Nightingale Valley Practice, Old School Surgery, Pembroke Road Surgery, Priory Surgery, Ridingleaze Medical Centre, Sea Mills Surgery, Seymour Medical Practice, Shirehampton Group Practice, Sneyd Park Surgery, Southmead And Henbury, Southville Surgery, Spence Group Practice, St George Health Centre, St Martins Surgery, Stockwood Medical Centre, Student Health Service, Wedmore Practice, Wellspring Surgery, Westbury-On-Trym, Whiteladies Medical Group.
1. Aylesbury Vale Clinical Commissioning Group, First Floor, Aylesbury Vale District Council, The Gateway, Gatehouse Road, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP19 8FF, Telephone: on 01296 585900
GP Practices in this CCG: North End Surgery, Whitchurch Surgery, Norden House Surgery, Ashcroft Surgery, Verney Close Surgery, Wing Surgery, Masonic House Surgery, Oakfield Surgery, Meadowcroft Surgery, Mandeville Surgery, Poplar Grove Practice, Whitehill Surgery, Westongrove Partnership, Edlesborough Surgery, Broughton House Surgery, Berryfields Medical Centre, The Cross Keys Practice, Haddenham Medical Centre, Wellington House, Trinity Health, Waddesdon Surgery.
1. NHS Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG
NHS Vale Royal Clinical Commissioning Group in their Strategic Plan 2012-2015 state that they will “develop a pathway that will both support transition from adolescent services to adult services and identify adults with ADHD.”
NHS Wirral Clinical Commissioning Group state in their 2013-2016 Strategic Plan that an “ADHD service and single point of access [will be] delivered in community by April 2014“.
1. Barking and Dagenham Clinical Commissioning Group, Barking Community Hospital, Upney Lane, Barking, Essex IG11 9LX, Telephone: 020 3644 2372 / 020 3644 2378. In the QUIPP delivery plan 2013/14 dated 12 April 2012, it’s stated, as a way to cut expenditure, that Decommissioning of 3 Local enhanced services (LES) [are taking place]: 1) Multiple Sclerosis 2) Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) 3) Near patient testing
GP Practices in Barking & Dagenham CCG: This CCG does not have a list of member GP practices on its website.
NHS Portsmouth Clinical Commissioning Group in their Commissioning Intentions 2013/14 state that they will “Enhance provision of services for ASC and ADHD to meet the requirements of service users and to implement the recommendations within ‘Fulfilling and Rewarding Lives’”
1. NHS Enfield Clinical Commissioning Group said 20th March 2013 on that they will “Develop care pathways for co-morbid conditions including personality disorder, ADHD, LD and OCD that is fully integrated with local mental health community, acute and treatment services by September 2013”
1. NHS Ashford Clinical Commissioning Group, Inca House, Trinity Road, Ashford, Kent, TN25 4AB, Phone: 01233 658432, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the appendix of their April 2013-March 2014 Commissioning Plan they state that they will “Support the commissioning of a county-wide service to assess, diagnose and treat people with ADHD, reducing waiting times and improving access.”
GP Practices in this CCG: , Hollington Surgery, Sydenham House Surgery, New Hayesbank Surgery, The Willesborough Health Cntr, Singleton Surgery, Dr M.V.S. Setty & Partner, Singleton Medical Centre, Kingsnorth Medical Practice, Wye Surgery, CVS Health Ltd, Hamstreet Surgery, Sellindge Surgery, The Woodchurch Surgery, Musgrove Park Medical Centre, , North Street Surgery, St Stephens Health Centre.
2. NHS Bromley Clinical Commissioning Group, Bassetts House Broadwater Gardens Orpington, Kent BR6 7UA, Telephone 01689 853339
The following GP practices are members of this CCG: Bromley Common Practice, Chelsfield Surgery, Chislehurst Medical Centre, Dysart House Surgery, Forge Close Surgery, Green Street Green Medical Centre, The Surgery, Highland Road; The Surgery, Tubbenden Lane; Links Medical Practice, Downham Surgery; Links Medical Practice, Mottingham Surgery; London Lane Clinic, South View Lodge: Dr M Matthews’ Practice; South View Lodge: Dr J Heathcote’s Practice; Summercroft Surgery, Trinity Medical Centre, Ballater Surgery, Bank House Surgery, Broomwood Road Surgery, Charterhouse Surgery, Crescent Surgery, Cross Hall Surgery, Derry Downs Surgery, Family Surgery, Gillmans Road Surgery, Knoll Rise Surgery, Norheads Lane Surgery, Poverest Medical Centre, Sevenoaks Road Surgery, Stock Hill Surgery, The Surgery (Begum), Tudor Way Surgery, Whitehouse Surgery, Addington Road Surgery, Addington Road Health Centre, Anerley Surgery, Cator Medical Centre, Cornerways Surgery, Eden Park Surgery, Elm House Surgery, Manor Road Surgery, Oakfield Surgery, Park Group Practice, Pickhurst Surgery, Robin Hood Partnership, Southborough Lane Surgery, St James’s Practice, Station Road Surgery, Sundridge Medical Practice, The Woodlands Practice, Wickham Park Surgery.
3. NHS Canterbury and Coastal Clinical Commissioning Group, Brook House, John Wilson Business Park, Reeves Way, Chestfield, Whitstable, Kent, CT5 3DD, Tel: 01227 791359
The following GP practices are members of this CCG: Bridge Health Centre, Ash Surgery, Market Place Surgery, The Butchery Surgery, Sturry Surgery, University Medical Centre, London Road, Northgate Medical Practice, Cossington House, Boughton Medical Centre, Saddleton Road Surgery, Whitstable Medical Practice, The Park Surgery, St Anne’s Group Practice, William Street, Old School Surgery, Chartham Surgery, New Dover Road Surgery, Canterbury Health Centre, Newton Place Surgery, Littlebourne Surgery, Dr Logan & Partners (FHC).
4. NHS South Kent Coast Clinical Commissioning Group,
GP Practices in this CCG: New Lyminge Surgery, Dover Medical Practice, Dover Health Centre, Church Lane Surgery, Pencester Health, Oaklands Health Centre, Martello Surgery, St James’ Surgery, White Cliffs Medical Centre, Sandgate Road Surgery, FOak Hall Surgery, Folkestone East Family Practice, The Cedars Surgery, The Manor Surgery, Aylesham Health Centre, Peter Street Surgery, Buckland Medical Centre, Pencester Surgery, Balmoral Surgery, Lydden Surgery, Golf Road Surgery, St Richards Road Surgery, The High Street Surgery – Dover, The Surgery – Lyminge, The White House Surgery, Orchard House Surgery, The New Surgery, Guildhall Surgery, Sun Lane Surgery, Hawkinge & Elham Valley, Central Surgery, Manor Clinic, Park Farm Surgery.
1. NHS Blackpool Clinical Commissioning Group, Blackpool Stadium, Seasiders Way, Blackpool, Lancashire FY1 6JX, Telephone: 01253 651200
GP Practices in this CCG: Abbey Dale Medical Centre, Adelaide Street Surgery (and Harris Medical Centre, Arnold Medical Centre, Ashfield Medical Centre, Bloomfield Medical Centre, Crescent Surgery, Cleveleys Health Centre, Elizabeth Street Surgery, Glenroyd Medical Centre, Gorton Street Practice, GP Led Health Centre (Walk-in), Harrowside Medical Centre, Highfield Surgery, Cleveleys Group Practice, Layton Medical Centre, Dr Mistry and Dr Williams Practice, Marton Medical Centre, North Shore Surgery, Newton Drive Health Centre, South King Street Medical Centre, Stonyhill Medical Centre, St Pauls Medical Centre, The Surgery, Dinmore Avenue (and Staining, Vicarage Lane Surgery, Waterloo Medical Centre.
2. NHS Bolton Clinical Commissioning Group, St Peter’s House, Silverwell Street, Bolton BL1 1PP, Phone: 01204 46 2000
The following GP practices are members of this CCG: Dr Agarwal & Partners, Farnworth Health Centre, Dr Ariff & Partners, Breightmet health centre, Dr Barua & Partners, Bolton Community Practice, Waters Meeting Health Centre, Dr Caldwell & Partners, Swan Lane medical center, Dr Caswell, Dr Dakshina-Murthi, Pikes lane centre, Dalefield Medical Centre, Avondale Health Centre, Dunstan Partnership, Dr Falouji & SMH Naqvi, Dr Fletcher & Partners, Mandalay Health Centre, Garnet Fold Surgery, Heaton Medical Centre, Dr Hendy & Partners, Halliwell Surgery, Dr Hunt & Partners, Dr Jain & Partners, Little Lever Health Centre, Kildonan House Surgery, Dr Kirby & Partners, crompton health centre, Dr Kumar & Partners, Deane Medical Centre, Egerton and Dunscar Centre, Dr Lancashire & Partners, Harwood Medical Centre, Dr Littlewood & Partners, Dr Liversedge & Partners, Egerton and Dunscar Centre, Dr Loomba & Partners, Lever Chambers, Dr Lowe & Partners, Tonge Fold HC, Dr Lyon & Partners, Dr Malhotra & Partners, Dr McLardy & Partners, Dr Naseef, Dr Newgrosh, Great Lever Health Centre, Olive Family Practice, Dr Ormiston & Partners, Dr Parikh & Partners, Little Lever Health Centre, Dr Prasad & Partners, Shanti Medical Centre, Dr Saul & Partners, Saul-springhouse, Dr Selvarajan, Deane Clinic, Dr Shri-Kant & Partners, Dr Sidda & Partners, Dr Silvert & Partners, Stonehill Medical centre, Dr Singh & Partners, SSP 3D Medical Centre, 3D Medical Centre, SSP Bolton General Practice, Marsden House, SSP Bolton Medical Centre, SSP Great Lever Practice, Dr Symes & Partners, Stable Fold Surgery, Unsworth Group Practice, Peter House surgery, Dr Walker & Partners, Dr Walker Surgery, Dr Wall & Partners, Kearsley Medical Centre, Dr Walmsley & Partners, Dr Zarrouk.
1. NHS Barnet Clinical Commissioning Group, Westgate House, Edgware Community Hospital, Burnt Oak Broadway, Edgware, Middlesex HA8 0AD, Tel: 020 8952 2381
GP Practices in this CCG: Dr R Isaacson, Hampden Square Medical Centre, The Clinic, Lichfield Grove Surgery, Ballards Lane Surgery, Cornwall House Surgery, Derwent Medical Centre, East Barnet HC (Monkman), East Barnet HC (Peskin), East Barnet HC (Weston), East Finchley Medical Practice, Friern Barnet Medical Centre, Gloucester Road Surgery , Holly Park Clinic, Longrove Surgery, Mountfield Surgery, Osidge Medical Practice, Rosemary Surgery, Squires Lane Medical Practice, St Andrews Medical Practice, Station Road Surgery, Brunswick Park – Team Health Care Practice, Addington Medical Centre, The Old Courthouse Surgery, The Speedwell Practice, Vale Drive Medical Practice, The Village Surgery, Torrington Park Group Practice, Wentworth Medical Practice, Woodlands Medical Practice, Wentworth Branch , Cherry Tree Surgery, Barndoc Healthcare Limited, Greenfield Medical Centre, Grovemead Health Centre, Heathfielde, Hillview Surgery, Pennine Drive Surgery, PHGH Doctors , Ravenscroft Medical Centre, St George’s Medical Centre, Supreme Medical Centre, Dr Harris – The Group Practice, Dr Rowburry- The Group Practice, Dr Buckman- The Group Practice, The Finchley Practice, Hodford Road Surgery, The Practice @ 188 SOUTH, The Phoenix Practice, Branch of Ravenscroft (University Branch), Dr Rashid, Langstone Way Surgery, Penshurst Gardens, Dr Lamba, Boyne Avenue Surgery, (Sirisena) Medical Centre, Jai Medical Centre, Lane End Medical Group, Millway Medical Practice, Mulberry Medical Practice, Oak Lodge Medical Centre, Parkview Surgery, Staywell Practice, Woodcroft Medical Centre, The Everglade Medical Practice, Grahame Park Health Centre, Watford Way Surgery, Watling Medical Centre, Branch of Mulberry Practice, Woodcroft Medical Centre.
2. NHS Brent Clinical Commissioning Group: 116 Chaplin Road, Wembley, HA0 4UZ, T: 020 8795 6000
The following GP practices are members of this CCG: 1. The Stonebridge Practice, 2. Harness Harlesden Practice, 3. Brentfield Medical Centre, 4. Church End Medical Centre, 5. Aksyr Medical Practice, 6. Buckingham Road Surgery, 7. Freuchen Medical Centre, 8. Park Road Surgery, 9. Acton Lane Surgery, 10. Hilltop Medical Practice, 11. Wembley Park Medical Centre, 12. The Surgery – Harrow, 13. Pearl Medical Practice, 14. Brent GP Access Centre, 15. Church Lane Surgery, 16. Oxgate Gardens Surgery, 17. Kilburn Park Medical Centre, 18. Staverton Surgery, 19. Lonsdale Medical Centre, 20. Lever Medical Centre, 21. The Clarence Medical Centre, 22. Willesden Green Surgery, 23. The Blessing Medical Centre, 24. The Windmill Medical Practice, 25. Chamberlyne Road Surgery, 26. Chichele Road Surgery, 27. The Sheldon Practice, 28. Peel Precinct Surgery, 29. The Law Medical Group Practice, 30. Park House Medical Centre, 31. Preston Road Surgery, 32. Forty Willows Surgery, 33. The Tudor House Medical Centre, 34. Kings Edge Medical Centre, 35. Fryent Medical Centre, 36. Stag Lane Medical Centre, 37. The Fryent Way Surgery, 38. Chalkhill Family Practice, 39. Ellis Practice, 40. The Willow Tree Family Doctors, 41. Primary Care Medical Centre, 42. Premier Medical Centre, 43. The Stag-Holly Road Practice, 44. Brampton Health Centre, 45. Uxendon Crescent Surgery, 46. The Beechcroft Medical Centre, 47. Hazeldene Medical Centre, 48. Alperton Medical Centre, 49. The Sunflower Medical Centre, 50. The Lanfranc Medical Centre, 51. Sudbury & Alperton Medical Centre, 52. Sudbury Surgery, 53. Preston Medical Centre, 54. The Eagle Eye, 55. Lancelot Medical Centre, 56. Stanley Corner Medical Centre, 57. SMS Medical Practice, 58. St Andrews Medical Centre, 59. The Village Medical Centre, 60. Roundwood Park Medical Centre, 61. Walm Lane Surgery, 62. Crest Medical Centre, 63. Gladstone Medical Centre, 64. The Willesden Medical Centre, 65. St Georges Medical Centre, 66. Neasden Medical Centre, 67. Burnley Practice
3. NHS Camden Clinical Commissioning Group
4. NHS Kingston Clinical Commissioning Group state in their Commissioning Intentions 2013/14 that they will “increase the commissioning of local primary care facing ADHD services to reduce the current reliance on South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLaM) as a tertiary provider and in line with NICE guidance relating to this service area.”
Manchester (includes Greater Manchester)
1. NHS Bury Clinical Commissioning Group, 21 Silver Street, Bury, BL9 0EN, Telephone: 0161 762 3100
The following GP practices are members of this CCG: Greenmount Medical Centre, Woodbank Surgery, Ramsbottom Health Centre, Tottington Health Centre, Mile Lane Health Centre, RLC Surgery, Radcliffe Primary Care Centre, Monarch Medical Centre, Spring Lane Surgery, Radcliffe Medical Practice, Redbank Group Practice, Walmersley Road Practice, Peel GPs (Dr Cleary), Peel GPs (Dr Chacko), Peel GPs (Dr Jackson), Rock Healthcare, Minden Family Practices Ltd (Dr Deakin), Minden Family Practices Ltd (Dr Saxena), Minden Family Practices Ltd (Dr Shekar), Huntley Mount Medical Centre, Ribblesdale Medical Practice (Dr Subbiah), Ribblesdale Medical Practice (Dr Woodcock), Knowsley Medical Centre, Blackford House Medical Centre, The Birches, Fairfax Group Practice, St Gabriel’s Medical Centre, The Elms Medical Centre, Longfield Medical Centre, Whittaker Lane Medical Centre, Greyland Medical Centre, Unsworth Medical Centre, Uplands Medical Centre, Garden City Medical Centre
1. NHS Bassetlaw Clinical Commissioning Group, Retford Hospital, North Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire DN22 7XF, Telephone: 01777 274400. In their 2013/14 report they say the following: CQUINS [Commissioning for Quality & Innovation] are being developed with Nottinghamshire Healthcare Trust to identify people who have a diagnosis of ASD or ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder or autistic spectrum disorder) who are not receiving appropriate support and identify adults in mental health services that have not had a formal diagnosis. Work is also underway to develop a clinical pathway for ADHD/ASD in children. This is being pursued with commissioners and clinicians in Doncaster and Bassetlaw and reflects the growing challenge of diagnosing these disorders.
GP Practices in this CCG: Bawtry & Blyth, Blyth Surgery (Branch Surgery), Dr Raheem (Harworth Medical Centre), Oakleaf Surgery (Branch Surgery of Larwood & Village Surgeries), Misterton Group Practice, Gringley Surgery (Branch of Misterton), North Leverton Surgery, Bridgegate Surgery, Crown House Surgery, Riverside Health Centre, Tall Trees Surgery, Tuxford Medical Practice, Newgate Medical Group, Larwood Surgery, Carlton Village Surgery (Branch Surgery of Larwood), Lakeside Surgery (Branch Surgery of Larwood), Westwood 8 to 8 Primary Care Centre.
1. Bath and North East Somerset Clinical Commissioning Group , St. Martin’s Hospital, Clara Cross Lane, Bath,BA2 5RP, Telephone: 01225 831800
GP Practices in this CCG: Batheaston Medical Centre, Catherine Cottage, Combe Down Surgery, Sulis Meadows Surgery (Branch surgery of Combe Down Surgery), Fairfield Park Health Centre, Grosvenor Surgery, Monmouth Surgery, Newbridge Surgery, Number 18 Surgery, Oldfield Surgery, The Pulteney Surgery, Rush Hill & Weston Surgery, St James Surgery, St Michael’s and The Beehive Surgery, University Medical Centre, Widcombe Surgery, Chew Medical Practice, Harptree & Cameley Surgeries, St Augustine’s Medical Practice, West View Surgery, Temple House Practice, Elm Hayes Surgery, Hillcrest Surgery, Hope House Surgery, Somerton House Surgery, St Chads & Chilcompton Surgeries, St Mary’s Surgery, Westfield Surgery.
1. NHS Cannock Chase Clinical Commissioning Group, Greyfriars Therapy Centre, Unit 12, Greyfriars Business Park, Greyfriars, Stafford ST16 2ST, Tel: 01543 509 750
The following GP practices are members of this CCG: Aelfgar Surgery, Dr Al-Hakim, Bideford Way Surgery, Brereton Surgery, Dr Chandra, Chase Medical Practice, The Colliery Practice, Essington Surgery, Dr Gupta & Dr Choudhary, Dr Desai- Great Wyrley, The High Street Surgery, Horsefair Practice, Dr Jalota, Dr Myint, Newhall Street Surgery, The Nile Practice, Moss Street Surgery, Dr Murugan, Dr Patel- Great Wyrley, Dr Po, The Red Lion House Surgery, Sandy Lane Practice, Dr Selvam, Dr B K Singh, Dr V K Singh, Dr Wilson-Great Wyrley, Dr Yi Surgery.
1. NHS Brighton and Hove Clinical Commissioning Group: This CCG as of 16 May 2013 does not yet have a website.
1. NHS Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven Clinical Commissioning Group, Douglas Mill, Bowling Old Lane, Bradford BD5 7JR, Tel: 0845 1115000
GP Practices in Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven CCG: Addingham Medical Centre, Cross Hills Group Practice, Dyneley House Surgery, Farfield Group Practice, Fisher Medical Centre, Grange Park Surgery, Grassington Medical Centre, Haworth Medical Practice, Holycroft Surgery, Ilkley & Wharfedale Medical Practice, Ilkley Moor Medical Practice, Kilmeny Surgery, Ling House Medical Centre, Oakworth Health Centre, One Medicare @ North Street, Silsden Health Centre, Town Head Medical Practice.
2. NHS Barnsley Clinical Commissioning Group, Longfields Court, Middlewoods Way, Wharncliffe Business Park, Carlton, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S71 3GN. Phone: 01226 327114
GP Practices in this CCG: Apollo Court Medical Centre PMS Practice, Ashville Medical PMS Practice, Brierley Medical Centre, Caxton House Surgery, Cope Street Surgery, Craven, Dearne Valley Group Practice, Dodworth Road Surgery, The Dove Valley PMS Practice, Dr Eko, Goldthorpe Medical Centre PMS Practice, Dr Gopinath, Great Houghton Medical Centre, Grimethorpe Surgery, HBP Surgery Lundwood, Hill Brow Surgery PMS Practice, Highgate Surgery (Hill Brow Partnership), Hollygreen Practice, Hoyland First PMS Practice, Hoyland Medical Practice, Huddersfield Road Surgery, The Kakoty PMS Practice, Kingswell Surgery PMS Practice, Lakeside Surgery, Lundwood Medical Centre PMS Practice, Monk Bretton Health Centre PMS Practice, Park Grove Medical Centre, Park Grove Surgery, Penistone Group PMS Practice, The Rose Tree PMS Practice, Rotherham Road Medical Centre PMS Practice, Royston Group Practice, St George’s Medical Centre PMS Practice, Victoria Medical Centre PMS Practice, Wombwell Medical Centre, Wombwell PMS Practice, Woodgrove Surgery PMS Practice, Dr Yaqub
3. NHS Bradford City Clinical Commissioning Group, Douglas Mill, Bowling Old Lane, Bradford BD5 7JR, Tel: 0845 1115000 (switchboard)
GP Practices in NHS Bradford City CCG: Bevan Healthcare, Bilton Medical Centre, Bradford Student Health Service, Clarendon Medical Centre, Dr Basu – Whetley Medical Centre, Dr Elwi & Dr Akbar – Barkerend Health Centre, Dr Gilkar – Little Horton Lane Medical Centre, Dr Iqbal & Dr Haque – Kensington Street Health Centre, Dr Mall and partners – Little Horton Lane Medical Practice, Dr Malik & Dr Khan – Barkerend Health Centre, Dr Wilson & Partners – Kensington Street Health Centre, Farrow Medical Centre, Frizinghall Medical Centre, Grange Medical Centre, Hillside Bridge Healthcare Centre, Manningham Medical Centre, Mughal Medical Centre, Park Grange Medical Centre, Parkside Medical Practice, Peel Park Surgery, Picton Medical Centre, Primrose Surgery, The Avicenna Medical Practice, The City Medical Practice – Whetley Medical Centre, The Family Practice – Whetley Medical Centre, The Lister Surgery, Valley View Surgery.
4. NHS Bradford Districts Clinical Commissioning Group: Douglas Mill, Bowling Old Lane, Bradford BD5 7JR, Tel: 0845 1115000 (switchboard)
The following GP practices are members of this CCG: Ashcroft Surgery | Ashwell Medical Centre | Bingley Medical Practice | Bowling Hall Medical Practice | Carlton Medical Practice | Cowgill Surgery | Dr R D Falls & Dr T M Hussain – The Bradford Moor Practice | Dr Fenwick & Partners – Woodroyd Centre | Dr P M Gomersall & Partners – Newton Way Medical Practice | Dr Longfield & Dr de-Haar – Woodroyd Centre | Dr Roberts & Partners – Idle Medical Centre | Haigh Hall Medical Centre | Heaton Medical Practice | Highfield Health Centre | Horton Bank Practice | Horton Park Surgery | Leylands Lane Medical Practice | Low Moor Medical Centre | Mayfield Medical Centre | Moorside Surgery | Oak Glen Surgery | One Medicare @ Woodhead Road | Parklands Medical Practice | Phoenix Medical Practice | Rooley Lane Medical Centre | Saltaire Medical Practice | Shipley Medical Practice | Springfield Surgery | Sunny Bank Medical Centre | The Grange Practice | The Ridge Medical Practice | The Rockwell and Wrose Practice | The Willows Medical Centre | The Wilsden Medical Practice | Thornbury Medical Centre | Thornton Medical Centre | Tong Medical Practice | Westcliffe Medical Centre | Wibsey & Queensbury Medical Practice | Windhill Green Medical Centre.
5. NHS Calderdale Clinical Commissioning Group, 5th Floor, F Mill, Dean Clough Mills, Halifax HX3 5AX, Telephone: 01422 281300
The following GP practices are members of this CCG: Bankfield Surgery, Beechwood Medical Centre, Boothtown Surgery, Boulevard Medical Practice, Burley Street Surgery, Brig Royd Surgery, Caritas Group Practice, Mixenden Stones Surgery, Shelf Health Centre, Care UK- Clinical Services Ltd, Park Community Practice, Church Lane Surgery , Hebden Bridge Group Practice, Horne Street Surgery, Keighley Road Surgery, King Cross Practice, Longroyde Surgery, Lister Lane Surgery, Meadow Dale Group Practice, Northolme Practice, Northowram Surgery, Nursery Lane Health Centre, Plane Trees Group Practice, Queens Road Surgery, Rastrick Health Centre, Rosegarth Practice, Rydings Hall Surgery, Southowram Surgery , Spring Hall Group Practice, Station Road Surgery, The Todmorden Group Practice.
On 5th April 2011, the public sector equality duty (the equality duty) came into force in England, Scotland and Wales. This duty replaces the existing race, disability and gender equality duties. This means that public authorities (e.g. health & social care providers) must have due regard when designing and commissioning services (such as ADHD services) to the need to comply with the following 3 aims:
1. Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act.
2. Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not by
a. Removing or minimising disadvantages suffered by people due to their protected characteristics.
b. Taking steps to meet the needs of people from protected groups where these are different from the needs of other people.
c. Encouraging people from protected groups to participate in public life or in other activities where their participation is disproportionately low.
3. Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not by
a. Tackling prejudice
b. Promoting understanding between people from different groups.
c. Compliance with the duty may involve treating some people more favourably than others
Discrimination: There are two kinds
Direct discrimination: This refers to less favourable treatment because of a person’s protected characteristic.
Indirect discrimination: This is when a provision, criterion or practice is applied in a way that creates disproportionate disadvantage for a person with a protected characteristic as compared to those who do not share that characteristic, and is not a proportionate means of achieving a legitimate aim.
Disability: A person has a disability if s/he has a physical or mental impairment which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on their ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities.
Protected characteristics: age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. These are also referred to as protected groups. The duty also covers marriage and civil partnerships, but not for all aspects of the duty.
Here are some links to guides to the Equality Act published by the Equality and Human Rights Commission:
1. European consensus statement on diagnosis and treatment of adult ADHD: The European Network Adult ADHD. BMC Psychiatry 2010 10:67 – The objectives of this consensus statement are to increase awareness of the following: (1) That ADHD often presents as an impairing lifelong condition in adults, yet is currently underdiagnosed and treated in many European countries; (2) That instruments for screening and diagnosis of ADHD in adults are available; (3) That appropriate treatments exist. Three major questions are addressed in this statement: (1) What is the clinical picture of ADHD in adults? (2) How can ADHD in adults be properly diagnosed? (3)How should ADHD in adults be effectively treated?
2. Young SJ, Adamou M, Bolea B, Gudjonsson G, Müller U, Pitts M, Thome J, Asherson P. The identification and management of ADHD offenders within the criminal justice system: a consensus statement from the UK Adult ADHD Network and criminal justice agencies. BMC Psychiatry. 2011 Feb 18;11:32
3. Nutt, D.J. Fone, K. Asherson, P. et al. Evidence-based guidelines for the management of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in adolescents in transition to adult services and in adults: recommendations from the British Association for Psychopharmacology. Journal of Psychopharmacology: 2006.
4. Rashid Zaman, Muhammad Arif, Amol Vaze, Ulrich Müller. Setting up Adult ADHD Service in the United Kingdom. Cutting Edge Psychiatry in Practice (CEPiP.org).
This Constitution establishes the principles and values of the NHS in England. It sets out rights to which patients, public and staff are entitled, and pledges which the NHS is committed to achieve, together with responsibilities which the public, patients and staff owe to one another to ensure that the NHS operates fairly and effectively. All NHS bodies and private and third sector providers supplying NHS services are required by law to take account of this Constitution in their decisions and actions.
1. The NHS Constitution: the NHS belongs to us all (8 March 2010)
2. The Handbook for the NHS Constitution for England (8 March 2010)
If there is anything on this page you would like to discuss, or if you have any questions, please join us in our Forum here.
Review date: 7/05/2013
Next review due: 7/05/2014