1. Alcoholics Anonymous Great Britain: National Helpline 0845 769 7555 (24 hours)
2. Mind: For better mental health: 0300 123 3393 ( Mon – Fri 9am-5pm)
Mind provides information on a range of topics including types of mental distress, where to get help, drug and alternative treatments and advocacy, and provide details of help and support for people in their own area.
3. MindlineTrans: 0300 330 5468 (Monday & Friday 8pm to midnight): UK wide service offering a confidential, non-judgemental listening space for people who identify as Trans, non-binary and their friends and families to talk. Trained listeners can also provide signposting and information.
4. Narcotics Anonymous UK: Helpline 0300 999 1212
5. 24-Hour National Domestic Violence Freephone Helpline 0808 2000 247
6. NHS Direct 0845 4647 (24 hours)
NHS Direct is a confidential advice and helpline service providing information on what to do if you or your family are ill, plus details of health conditions, support organisations and healthcare services.
7. Rape & Sexual Abuse Support Centre National Freephone Helpline 0808 802 9999
8. Refuge 020 7395 7700
Refuge provides shelters for women and children fleeing domestic abuse.
9. Samaritans 08457 90 90 90
The Samaritan service is available 24 hours a day for people who are experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including those which may lead to suicide.
10. Victim Support National Supportline 0845 30 30 900 Support for victims whether the crime is recent or past, whether you want to report it or not.
If there is anything on this page you would like to discuss, or if you have any questions, please join us in our Forum here.
Review date: 16/05/2011; Next review due: 16/05/2012