Polite Note: While we are providing this information for free we would prefer that organisations that take and use this information credit us as the source!
This list is for informational purposes only. AADD-UK does not endorse or recommend any commercial products, processes or services. Inclusion on this list does not necessarily state or reflect the views of AADD-UK, and inclusion here may not be used for advertising or endorsement purposes.
Since ADHD is a lifespan disorder, we are including on this page not only support groups for adults but also support groups for children and parents and some of the groups are closed Facebook groups. We suggest that you contact the leader of the group before attending/joining to make sure the group suits your needs.
Also, please note that some of the groups listed below charge fees for attendance, and some are run by professional coaching services or other kinds of training programmes.
If you have any questions or just want to talk, please join us on our forum here.
1. BANDs (Bath Adult autism Neurodiversity spectrums) BANDs run social opportunities meetings for over 16s who identify on the autism, Asperger syndrome and similar spectrums, including (but not limited to) AD(H)D, Non-Verbal Learning Disorder, dyslexia, dyspraxia, social anxiety, dyscalculia, Bipolar, Borderline Personality disorder, Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder, OCD and schizophrenia. Participants may attend the group regardless of a diagnosis. Anyone who identifies as having something similar to these conditions will be considered for inclusion on a case-by-case basis. Meetings are held in Bath, Frome, Weston-super-Mare and Bristol. Please email email@example.com.
2.Bath Area ADHD Support Group: A support group for parents/carers and a network of families at Bath Community Academy, Rush Hill, Bath BA2 2QL; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. See also Bristol Adult ADHD Support Group
4. ADHD Support Group Keynsham: A support group for parents which meets on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at Keynsham Baptist, High Street, Keynsham, 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm. Has activities for children so that parents can talk with each other. Contact details available from Rainbow Resource
1. Outside-iN: a community interest company dedicated to supporting and educating families, adults (adult ADHD Support Group) and professionals living with or working with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC) and associated conditions. Email: email@example.com or Tel: 01462 813282 or use the form on their website.
2. ASD/Aspergers/ADHD Support Group Bedfordshire: New support group started for parents of children with ADHD/ASD and Aspergers. Contact: Helen Fairless/Debbie Savage for further details via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
3. ADHD Support Group: A support group for parents with children diagnosed with ADHD. Professional help and signposting. Child Development Centre, Hill Rise, Kempston, Bedford MK42 7EB. Tel: 01234 857678
1. See Reading
1. ADHD Parents and Carers Support Group (for parents & carers of young people), All Saints Youth Project, All Saints Centre, 2 Vicarage Road, Kings Heath, Birmingham B14 7RA
Blackburn with Darwen
1. See Lancashire
Brighton & Hove
1.Brighton Adult Adhd Support Group. Meets on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://adhdbrighton.org.uk/contact/
1. Bristol Adult ADHD Support Group: Due to Covid-19, support group meetings are cancelled until further notice. Updates will be given on the webpage for this group.
1.SPACE Support Chesham, South Buckinghamshire, parents/carers support group. Email: email@example.com; Tel: 07960 066632; website: http://www.spacepage.co.uk/
1. Pinpoint ADHD/ASD: monthly support groups at Ely, Histon and Peterborough for parents and carers who have children with ADHD & ASD. The groups are co-ordinated by Pinpoint staff members Eve Redgrave and Jackie King. Call Pinpoint on 01480 499043 or email Jackie on firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.pinpoint-cambs.org.uk/asdadh-pinpoint-support-groups
2. PACASS (Parents and Carers of people on the Autistic ADHD Spectrum) in Huntingdon. Contact: Sharon Ferrell: 07736 943264
3. ADDapt Ability Social Club: Social and support group for adults with ADHD in Cambridge, meets every 3rd Monday of the month. Contact Rebecca Champ: 07855 298536, Email: email@example.com, Facebook Website
1. WAADDSUP: Meets on the 1st & 3rd Wednesay of each month at The Welcome Centre, 43 Hamilton Street, Birkenhead CH41 5AA. For more information, please contact Gary Sendall at 07854 325653. Also covers the Merseyside area.
2.S.P.A.C.E. Stockport, Cheshire: parent/carer support group. Contact: Mrs Sharyn Travers; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: http://www.spacestockport.org/pages/about.html
1. ADHD Support Group Cornwall: Drop in Support Group for all Parents & Carers which meets at Malabar Children’s Centre, Treyew Primary School, Albany Road, Truro, Cornwall TR1 3PQ. Contact: Tel 07837 311 505, Email: email@example.com
1. A.B.ility Durham: parent/carer group but can only contact via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/A.B.ilityDurham
1. ADHD West Cumbria: Parent/Carer Support Group that has free monthly drop-in sessions for parents/carers and their children at Moorclose Community Centre, Workington. The sessions are informal and are a chance for parents and carers to chat, find support and ask advice..
1. Advocates for ADHD and Autism (Derby), a parents/carers support group. Contact: David Steare; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Advocates-for-ADHD-and-Autism-Derby/232324686400?fref=ts ; also has a closed Facebook page for group members.
1. Prego! Derbyshire, parents/carers support: Contact: Sandi Beers; Email: email@example.com; Tel: 07548 962 837; website: https://idealisticautistic.wordpress.com/2016/04/10/prego/
2. Hidden Gems: Parent/carer support group for Autism & other spectrum disorders at Scout Hut, Sexton Street, Tintwistle SK13 1JN. To contact use form on website http://www.hiddengemsasg.co.uk/contact-us.html
3. ASC/ADHD Parent/Carer Support Group – Chesterfield. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 01246 569 142
1. DEVON – ADULT ADHD SOCIAL/SUPPORT GROUP: This group meets twice a month in Exeter to offer peer-led help, support and coping strategies and necessary humour. And we find it’s great to meet up and share the trials and tribulations of this ‘interesting’ condition. We also chat about everything but ADHD. WHERE: The Imperial Arms, New North Road, Exeter Devon EX4 4AH. WHEN: In the Winter and Spring months the group meets on the 2nd & 4th Wednesday of each month. In the Summer and Autumn months it meets on the 2nd Wednesday and 4th Thursday of each month. TIME: 6:30 PM-8:30 (the group try’s to use Table 21 as often as possible). For more information the group has a Facebook page: Facebook (Adult ADHD Social Group – Devon), or text Gilly Robinson, 07840 295362 first, if you’d prefer.
2. See also North Devon & also Plymouth
1. ADHD+Support: A support group based in Chelmsford for parents and carers of children, young people and adults with ADHD and co-existing conditions.
1. ADHD Support Group Gloucester: Parent/Carer Support Group. phone 07816 779 473
1. Parents Meeting Parents ADHD Support Group St Helens; contact: Clair Hodgson on 07391 679 034 or Sarah Davies on 07505 759506; Email: email@example.com;
1. Add-vance: Support network for children, adults, & families living with ADHD/ASD in Hertfordshire; Contact: Mrs Anne Ross; Tel: 01727 833 963; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: http://www.add-vance.org/
2. Angels Support Group: for parents & carers of children with ADHD and/or Autistic Spectrum Disorders
1. Pinpoint ADHD/ASD parent support group Huntingdon. This is a support group run by the charity Pinpoint (see also Cambridgeshire). Contact: Eve Redgrave (Pinpoint’s Partnership & Participation Co-ordinator) on 01480 499 043. Pinpoint’s website is http://www.pinpoint-cambs.org.uk/
Isle of Wight
1.This is a Facebook group for parents on the IOW to chat with other parents. It is a closed group so you will need to become a member in order to join in the chat. https://www.facebook.com/groups/adhdsupportiow/
1. ADHD Sheppey: Parents & Carers of children with ADHD. Meets weekly on a Friday from 3:30pm to 5:00pm at the Healthy Living Centre in Sheerness.Contact: Beverley; Tel: 07968 023 050 or Email email@example.com Facebook https://www.facebook.com/adhdsheppeysupportgroup/?pnref=story
2. ASD Ashford: a parents/carers support group for children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder and ADHD. Contact: 123 County Square Shopping Centre, Elwick Road, Ashford, Kent TN23 1AE or use the form on their website http://www.asdashford.com/contact-details-and-office-opening-times.html
1.TAAG (Teenage ASD/ADHD Group): parents/carers & young people with ADHD, Autism or Aspergers Syndrome: Contact: Mrs Joanne Duncan; Tel: 07543 380 323; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: http://www.taaglancashire.co.uk/?view=featured
2. ADHD Central Lancashire: support meetings in Chorley, South Ribble and Preston. http://www.adhdlancashire.co.uk/index.html or https://www.facebook.com/adhdlancashire
3. ADHD Northwest: Support & information for families & individuals.
1. ADHD Solutions: Provides information, help and support for children, young people, and adults with ADHD across Leicestershire and Rutland. Contact: Tel: 01162 610 711 or use the form on their website: http://www.adhdsolutions.org/home-page
1. . Lincoln ADHD Support Group: Supporting families and individuals living with ADHD. Email: Lincoln.email@example.com; Tel: 01522 782 010. Included although the website is non-functioning because Charities Commission show that their records are up to date and that they are at the moment offering a skeleton service.
Central London (Camden, City of London, Kensington & Chelsea, Islington, Southwark, Westminster, Lambeth)
1. London Adult ADHD Support Group: Meets on the first Tuesday of the month and also on the third Thursday of the month at Costa Coffee, Argyll Street, W1F 7TH, round the corner from Oxford Circus Tube station.
2. Southwark ADHD: Parent/Carer Support Group: Website Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009587374961
3. Lambeth ADHD: Parents/Carers support group meets at Effra Early Year’s Centre, 35 Effra Parade, Brixton SW2 1PL. For further details and to join the mailing list, please email:Â firstname.lastname@example.org
East London (Barking & Dagenham, Bexley, Greenwich, Hackney, Havering, Lewisham, Newham, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest)
1. Add & Up: A support group for parents. Services include parenting courses, holiday activities & more
South London (Bromley, Croydon, Kingston upon Thames, Merton, Richmond upon Thames, Sutton, Wandsworth)
1. FASTMINDS: Adult ADHD Support Group, meets in Kingston upon Thames; Contact: Sheena Crankson;Â Tel: 07946 903 201; or use the form on their website http://www.adhdkingston.org.uk/index.html
2. ADHD Richmond: Parent/Carer Support Group; Contact: Val Ivens, Email: email@example.com, Phone: 07768 600706, Website https://adhdrichmond.org/ ,
West London (Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Hillingdon, Hounslow)
1. ADHD & Autism Support Harrow: runs an ADHD support group for adults on the second Monday of each month and also has daytime and evening drop in sessions for parents.
1. MADDchester: Manchester Region ADD Group: Adult Support Group. Preferred contact is via email firstname.lastname@example.org; website: http://www.maddchester.com/
2. ADHD And life Wythenshawe: a support group for parents and carers of children and young people in the Wythenshawe area with ADHD and associated conditions. The group provides information, advice and support for parents and carers in a friendly relaxed environment.
3. M9 ADHD Parent Support Group, North Manchester. Email: email@example.com; Website: http://m9adhdpsg.btck.co.uk/About%20us; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/m9adhdparentsupportgroup
1. Liverpool Adult ADHD (Ladders of Life) Support Group: Meets every Thursday. http://www.meetup.com/Liverpool-adult-adhd-ladders-of-life-meetup-com/ Founder/Director: Teresa 0151 298 3837 or 07798 585 656; Director: Shirley 0151 298 3839 or 07826 004 436
2. Adult ADHD Support Group: This is a monthly structured support group that meets on the first Wednesday of every month from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm. The group meets at The Welcome Centre, 43 Hamilton Street, Birkenhead CH415AA; Tel: 0151 647 9584. It is structured and run by Dr Tony Lloyd from the ADHD foundation and all adults who are diagnosed or who suspect they may have ADHD are welcome. More information about The Welcome Centre including contact details and map are here: https://www.tlcnetwork.co.uk/contact
3. ADHD Parent’s Support Group: This is a weekly group set up to support parents/carers with children diagnosed or undiagnosed. It meets every Tuesday between 10am – 12pm at The Welcome Centre, 39-41 Hamilton Street, Birkenhead CH41 5AA; Tel: 0151 647 9584. More information is available here: https://www.tlcnetwork.co.uk/activities
1. North-East Adult ADHD Support Group (South); covers the Tees Valley and Durham; Contact: Bill Scott on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07856 212 564; website: http://aadhd-ne-uk.weebly.com/ (also see Tyne & Wear)
1. See Middlesbrough and Tyne and Wear
1. ADD Norfolk: Andrea Bell (Founder) Email – email@example.com or Phone – 01603 734808, http://www.addnorfolk.com/
1. ADHD Matters: information service for parents/carers. Suite 39 – 42, Burlington House, 369 Wellingborough Road, Northampton, Northamptonshire NN1 4EU, Tel: 01604 239200, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Equata Ltd: The charity uses equine therapy courses to help children with ADHD and/or Autism. Contact: His Honour Stephen Phillip Waine, Kirtley Barn Farm, Cranford, Kettering, NN14 4AJ; Email: email@example.com; tel: 01536 330 325; website: http://equata.org.uk/
1. North Devon Forum for Autistic Spectrum Conditions and ADHD, a parent/carer led support group: Phone: 07923 481332 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, http://ndfautism.co.uk/
1.See Tyne and Wear
1. Nottingham Adult ADHD Support Group: The group provides support, understanding and friendship for adults with ADHD, their parents and partners. It’s free, there is wheelchair access, and free parking. The group always meets on the third Monday in the month (except December), 7 – 9 pm at: St. Andrew’s with Castle Gate URC, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 5JT. You can also join their Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/585995824915983/. More information and contact details are available on the group’s website: http://www.nottinghamadultadhd.co.uk/?p=20 or via email: email@example.com.
1. ADHD Oxfordshire, this is a service for adults and parents/carers. Contact: email firstname.lastname@example.org; tel: 01865 731 378; website: http://www.adhdoxfordshire.co.uk/default.html
1. ADHD Support Group (for students at Plymouth University only). Contact Sally Agobiani, email: email@example.com or Jo Rowland at Joanna.firstname.lastname@example.org ; website: https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/student-life/services/learning-gateway/disability-and-dyslexia/joining-a-group
2. ADHD Parent Support Group (aimed at parents of secondary ages). Email: email@example.com; Tel: 01752 208 381 or 07532 042 899.
3. Wednesday Group, a Plymouth based community interest company for individuals with high functioning ASC and ADHD. Tel: 07412 525 125 or use the contact form on their website: http://www.wednesdayz.co.uk/contact_us_form_6.html
1. Parenting Special Children: meeting at 11 Glebe Road, Reading, Berkshire RG2 7AG, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 01189 863 532; website: http://parentingspecialchildren.co.uk/index.php
1. Sheffield Flourish: ADHD Adult Peer Support Group; meets at 6-7:30 pm on the second Wednesday of every month at Sheffield NHS Walk-in Centre Rockingham House, 75 Broad Lane, Sheffield S1 3PB. You are welcome just to turn up, however it would be preferable if you could contact Liz Fletcher on email@example.com.
1. ADHD Yeovil: Parent/Carer Support Group. Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone Helen 07704 280 446, Facebook/Twitter: Adhdyeovil
2. ADHD Support Group Frome, for parents/carers. Contact: 07905 436 778.
1. In It Together: Based in Tamworth, this is a support group for parents and carers of children with additional needs. The group meets regularly and has two informal drop in’s per month. More information and contact details are available on their website here: http://in-it-together.weebly.com/
1. Autism & ADHD Suffolk: This is a not for profit company. Contact: info@AutismandADHD.org, Phone 01473 382 428; website: http://www.autismandadhd.org/
1. Unique adult ADHD support group: welcoming people from Surrey and surrounding areas; Contact: Donna Hunter at email@example.com, tel: 07542 787 090, or use the contact form on their website http://www.adhdsurrey.org.uk/contact-us.html
1. ADHD, ADD, Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Asperger’s Support Group (parent/carers support group). Tilbury children’s centre, Sure Start Flagship Centre, London Road, Tilbury, Essex, RM18 8EY Contact: Christine Ellisdon on 01375 413 742
Tyne and Wear
1. South Shields ADHD: contact Jean Sinclair 01914 242862 or Samantha Martin 07914 428 306
2. Adult AD/HD Support Group North East UK: meets 3rd Monday of the month in the seminar room of the Adult ADHD Service, Collingwood Court, St Nicholas Hospital, Gosforth, Newcastle-upon-Tyne NE3 3XT; Contact Bill on 07856 212 564 / 07850901147, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the contact forms on their website http://aadhd-ne-uk.weebly.com/contact.html
1. ADHD and ASD Parent Support Group for Dudley. Contact: Anne Davies, 1st Floor, Cable Plaza, Waterfront West, BRIERLEY HILL, West Midlands DY5 1LW; Email: anne@Welovecarers.org; Tel: 07763 875 654; website: http://welovecarers.org/
2. Wolverhampton ADHD Family Support Group, for parents/carers and receiving a service from CAMHS. Jill Summers can offer information on health and signposting to other services. Tel: 01902 444 021
1.ADHD Parent Support Group: Maybridge Children & Family Centre, 77 The Strand, Worthing BN12 6DR, 01903 276890. Meets every other Tuesday (term time only) 12-1 pm.
1. ADHD Wiltshire; Email: email@example.com, Phone: 07832 193362, Web: http://adhdwiltshire.co.uk/contact/
1. Adept – Yorkshire Adhd And Learning Ability Support Group: Provides information and advocacy to all who ask. Contact: Mr Robert Breen, 30 The Paddock, York, YO26 6AW; Tel: 01904 782 556.
2. West Yorkshire ADHD Support Group, for parents/carers and adults with ADHD. Contact via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WestYorkshireAdhdSupportGroup/
3. Leeds Adult ADHD/ADD Meetup Group meetups in Leeds City Centre and Headlingley. Meeting dates vary but are listed on their site and in their Calendar.
1. ADDNI: provides support for all the counties of Northern Ireland. 86 Eglantine Avenue, Belfast, BT9 6EU and 7 Feeney’s Lane, Dungannon, County Tyrone, BT70 1TX; Tel: 02890200110, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; http://www.addni.net/
1. ADHD Aberdeen & Northeast Scotland: parent/carer support group; Email: email@example.com, Website: http://www.adhdaberdeen.org.uk/
1. ADHD Support Group in Dunoon: run by NHS Highland & Bute for children with ADHD, contact David Ritchie at 01436 655040
1. ADHD Alliance Ayrshire Support Group: holds monthly meetings for parents /carers who’s child/young person has a diagnosis of ADHD. The venues vary across Ayrshire on a rotational basis to support attendance across the different localities. It is run jointly by a parent/carer committee and the Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service Community ADHD nurse. As it is supported by NHS Ayrshire & Arran , there are no costs to attend. For info contact Carol Cartwright, Community ADHD Nurse on 07917070833.
1. Dundee & Angus ADHD Support Group: parent/carer support group. Contact details: ADHD Support Centre, Unit 15, Manhattan Works, Dundonald Street, Dundee DD3 7PY, Phone 01382 456873 or 07856 110 910, email firstname.lastname@example.org, website: http://www.adhddasupport.org/index.html
1. Addressing the Balance: A Scottish charity and social enterprise company limited by guarantee set up to help adults with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder to self manage their condition and achieve better wellbeing and resilience in their lives. Addressing the Balance runs the Central Scotland Adult ADHD Support Group. email@example.com; http://www.addbal.co.uk/home
1. ADHD Parent Support Glasgow: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone Tel: 07950 483885, website http://www.adhdglasgow.org/
Isle of Skye
1. Autism and ADHD Support Group Skye: Parent/Carer Support Group. Email: email@example.com, phone: 01470 542 432
Perth & Kinross
1.ADHD Cardiff parent/carer Support. This is a weekly support group that meets from 6-8pm at Ants Inya Pants, Rhymney River Bridge Road, CF23 9 https://www.facebook.com/events/712694452244544/
Gwent (Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport, Torfaen)
1. Newport ADHD Family Support: https://www.facebook.com/newport.adhd?fref=ts
Mid Glamorgan (Bridgend, Merthyr Tydfil, Rhondda Cynon Taf)
1. ADHD Connections: New charity set up to help children & young people. Contact: Mrs Zoe Danielle Piper; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: 07713 755 451; website: http://www.adhdconnections.org.uk/ (as of 01/08/2016 not operational)
1. HADD Family Support Group: an organisation in Ireland made up of volunteers- mainly parents of children with ADHD which is dedicated to providing as much up-to-date information, resources and networking opportunities to individuals affected by ADHD and the professionals who serve them. Their website also has a list of local support groups.
2.The umbrella group for ADHD support groups in Ireland is INCADDS -The National Council for ADHD Support Groups 091-755090, Unit 9, Ballybane Enterprise Centre, Galway. email@example.com
1. ADHD Europe has member support groups throughout Europe. A list of these can be found here. They also have a list of unaffiliated groups here.
If you are run a support group and wish to have it added to this list, or want to have your contact details updated, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following details: contact information, type of group (e.g. children, parents, adults, or partners), meeting time and frequency, and location.
If you have any questions or just want to talk, please join us on our forum here.
Review date: 01/08/2016
Next review due: 08/01/2018
Help & Support Clinics/Psychiatrists Coaches Counsellors/Psychologists Declutterers/Organisers Occupational Therapists Home
Comments are closed.